Sunday, April 10, 2011

Poem

I am not a poet. This is just a little one I wrote this morning while drinking my coffee and trying to stretch my brain. A lot of my work is being creative and in my day job I sometimes get into an over-compartmentalized corner.When I start thinking too linearly and I have trouble spurring my imagination there are a few things I like to try...

1. Sudoku. Love this game. I have 2 puzzle books next to my bed as I write this.
2. Reading. Not just any reading...I like to mix it up with writers from many different genres. My favorite book at the moment is Stieg Larsson's Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. It's on my Kindle. Reading about Lisbeth got me very interested in math, and now I'm mulling on the possibilities.
3. Poetry. It can make little to no sense but I think sometimes it's just nice to try something out of your comfort zone in order to loosen up the brain muscles... here goes this morning's effort...



A cool breeze inward comes,
Fingers of Earth touching the soul.
A gift my muse has begotten for me;
A new morning to create from inspiration's pool.


Don't laugh...it's an early effort. :-)

Katie

5 comments:

Carla said...

I like your poem :)

Plvsvltra/Peerii said...

awsome artwork!

Katie said...

Thanks, Carla... :-)

Betsy Grant said...

Lovely poem (and artwork) - very inspirational! Visit me sometime. I make and post new music videos almost weekly on my blogs which you might enjoy.

Unknown said...

it's a beautiful poem, and a beautiful picture too... aweome work