Thursday, June 3, 2010

Lipizzaner Work In Process

This is a piece I've been working on for about a month now. While trying to finish the middle stallion, I am quite pleased in the progress I've made. The canvas is huge, 36" x 54", and progress is moving along.


As a visual artist my work can take anywhere from an afternoon to months. Poetry In Motion was a path that encompassed well over a year of intense labor and periods of reflection (i.e. I will never finish this painting, let's stick you against the wall.... weeks later... ok, I forgive you, let's get back to work).

Right now I'm in the "let's get back to work" phase on this. The client I'm working with has been instrumental in the direction of this piece and I can not wait to be able to wrap it up and see what it will look like on her wall, in California. This piece has a while to go on its journey, but my time with it is not quite through yet.

No comments: