Sunday, June 6, 2010

Arabian In Gold

Arabian In Gold, 2010, Mixed Media (Acrylic, Charcoal, Graphite)

Finished a new piece yesterday. Arabian In Gold started out as a study but I decided to go ahead and turn it into a full piece on cold press paper. You can buy a small print or the original via my etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/katiesstudio or you can play around with frame options and papers via my imagekind shop http://katiesstudio.imagekind.com/. Whatever you decide to do, have fun!

Yesterday we (Hubby, daughter and I) went to the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington. It was gorgeous and I immediately wanted to chain myself to the nearest barn and never leave. Managing to get many beautiful shots before the camera was full, I downloaded them onto the pc last night and am already working on some ideas for my next painting.

Now I currently have in progress:

  • Lipizzaner

  • Street View

  • Portrait, Mother and Son

  • Irises
Off to do the monthly books (yuk) and get some painting completed (yay). 'Til next time!


No comments: