Sunday, March 14, 2010

Got My Art Supplies In!


I've already used one of the 8" x 10" canvases that came with them, as you can see above! This is also posted to my etsy shop (which has become my sole place to sell my originals online).
I've decided that it is much easier to stick to no more than 3 main sizes of work in order to make shipping easier. I'm learning on the fly, here, people. This one is an 8" x 10" acrylic on canvas.
Most of yesterday was spent going through boxes of supplies but there wasn't much time to do anything with them so that task was left until today. I still have some 8" x 10", 12" x 24" and even some 20" x 24" canvas left, all three becoming my favorite sizes to work on. In addition to ease of box-finding, I also keep open back frames at the ready, which is primarily why I sell them all unframed. I save money by reusing the black frames and whoever purchases my work saves money in buying an unframed piece, and being able to frame it themself(ves).
There are some pictures of my most recent trip to New Orleans on cd around here somewhere and once I find those I may start a few more paintings. Happiness lies for this artist in feeling well equipped to continue painting with a full (unlimited) palette!

No comments: