Sunday, April 5, 2009

Little Bird


About this one: Little Bird, 2009. Image is about 6.25" x 9.25". On 185 lb cold press 9" x 12" paper.I'm not known for my watercolors but sometimes it calms me to paint small watercolor sketches. This sketch was done in pencil first, then laid over with #3 Micron pen and painted with a mix of watercolor pencil & Grumbacher opaque paints.


With this being a quiet Sunday I thought it would be a perfect day to fiddle with a few watercolors. I left an approximate 1" margin around the edge.
It was a perfect project for a quiet day after the crazy week I've had (really... if there was a word past crazy I would use it).
Hope everyone is doing well - I've left framing my work for the Rabbit Hash Show to the absolute last minute (again) so I might end up just hanging gallery wraps. If there is an unframed piece you want to see then get in touch somehow and I'll arrange to show it to you.
Happy Easter-Coming-Up week!

2 comments:

Amanda Dagg said...

Beautiful 'Little Bird' :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! Your work is so beautiful, I just checked out your blog -