Sunday, January 25, 2009

Just Another Sunday Morning

I'm sitting here, coffee in hand, waiting on some danish to finish baking, and wondering when I'll be able to get back in the studio yet again. I think there is some supreme being conspiring against my artistic efforts this week.

There was the comedic collapse of the easel and now I'm redecorating the office. Not to mention the run of the mill challenges that go along with using my plein air easel as a temporary fix. Constantly needing to tighten the screws and other machinery makes having an unbroken creative process a myth.

In any case, I had the pleasure of hearing from Jessica Daman, a jewelry artist who has just moved to the area. You can view her jewelry here: http://www.sugarmountainjewelry.com/. I'm adding a permanent link to her site under a new section I'm adding; Regional Artists. Jessica also is a commanding mosaic artist and everyone should check out her site. ***Note to regional artists: if you want a link to your work, just send me an email or comment on this post. No requirements except that your work is clearly artistic & not a crafts site.***

I'm trying to get my mind wrapped around what shows I'll be participating in this year. I will probably be sitting out most of the festivals just because of the baby-artwork setup challenge, but I may participate in Art Off Pike again. It was a favorite the year I did participate - I met a lot of great artists and being setup in close proximity on a gorgeous day gave you a great opportunity to take a look around yourself and get your fill of artistic inspiration.

In any case, I'm off to admire our other paint job - the walls of the studio/office. Cheers!

No comments: