Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Back in the Studio... With Complications!

I'm officially back at work, painting and trying to keep a good flow while being a new mom (which, may I say, is the best experience of my life - except at night when she won't sleep). I started back at work on a piece I started originally in October, Pumpkin Farm.. it has a decidedly fall feel to it but I'm continuing because I love this piece and want to be able to have it online before the end of the month. I'm also toying with some new painting ideas, implementing new subject matter and possibly some new techniques.

While all of this sounds great, my easel collapsed on me last night... one screw must have been missing in a strategic location, and its brother decided to give up the hard fight mid-painting. What a shock! Of course, any excuse to go out and buy a new one is fine by me, so until then I'm making do with a table easel and my desk. Not the best solution, but temporary all the same.

The BCVAA has been hopping lately, and I've volunteered to be on the judge's panel during Burlington, Kentucky's first ever chalk art festival. Don't have a lot of details, but the date will be May 9 & I'll blog more when I know more. Until then, I've got it listed under my exhibition schedule.

Hope everyone is doing well and happy painting~

Katie

No comments: